Links and Organizations
- GameSoundCon: Game Audio bootcamp
- Equipment: For the purchase of audio equipment in North America, I strongly recommend Studio Economik, in Montreal, who have the best prices and exceptional service! We have used them extensively at the University of Waterloo. [Canadian, eh!]
- http://www.audiokinetic.com game audio middleware. [Canadian, eh!]
- Glossary and Game Audio teaching resources, including Slidecasts and Slideshares
- Game Audio Books
- Music-based game company Zygomatic Productions [Canadian, eh!]
- Virtual Museum of Sound Toys
- Play Auditorium interesting game concept.
Online Article Sources: (see also Research)
- http://obiwannabe.co.uk/ dedicated to synthesizer/ Pure Data information
- http://www.gamesound.org/ site run by Sony sound designer Kenneth Young, with many articles.
- http://www.epicsound.com/sfx sound effects guide with tips and tricks for sound designers.
- http://www.projectbarbq.com annual interactive audio think-tank.
- http://www.videogameaudio.org Leonard Paul's excellent game audio site. [Canadian, eh!]
- http://mixonline.com/game_audio/ Mix Online game audio magazine
- http://www.gamasutra.com/ Gamasutra, regular articles on game audio.
- http://www.filmsound.com/ Film articles, also links to game articles.
- AudioNext: Mix Magazine's game audio bit.
- VideoGame Composers.com
- www.WikiAudio.org: a collection of audio tutorials
Online Music or Audio Games:
- http://www.flashmusicgames.com/ Mostly edugames for music learning.
- http://www.gamequarium.com/music.htm edugames.
- http://resources.kaboose.com/games/music.html more kids edu games
- http://www.audiogames.net/ Audio games
- http://www.bavisoft.com/ Audio game creator
- http://www.intermorphic.com Generative Audio tools
- adaptive media generative content creation project
- Analyze API from Echonest: audio analysis tool.
- Music mood game
- Moodswings game
Game Music Online
Organizations and Conferences:
Useful Game Engines for Teaching and Learning
Grants for producers (mostly Ontario, Canada):